Avangate, Inc.

Posted : 24 Nov ,2013 by    bloviate

I bought software through Avangate that had a 45 day return policy, and I am unable to get the refund within the time frame. I'm getting a runaround.
Avangate appears to be a payment processing company. They handled the payment for a purchase I made for a software product. The software company has a 45-day "no questions asked" return policy that can be seen in the header of their home page at They are, however, unreachable by email, have no phone number, and their support ticket system returns a server error. Avangate has given me conflicting information, ranging from promising to refund me within 5 days (didn't happen) to sending the complaint to another department for review (no response) to starting me over twice in a process of showing them that Paypal won't handle the complaint due to the fact that the product is "intangible." I believe they are a scam, and multiple internet searches on both Avangate and the publisher of the software I bought confirm that many other people have had the same experience. They owe me $130.

Avangate, Inc.
555 Twin Dolphin Dr Ste 155,
Redwood City CA
(650) 963-5701

This complaint has been visited 1117 times since it was published.

Had an experience with Avangate, Inc.?