State Auto Insurance

Posted : 2 Mar ,2014 by    Terra Smiley

I was involved in a car accident with a State Auto Insurance policy member back on December 13th. Prior to New Years Eve, the company accepted fault for the accident and was to pay my medical and car bills paid as a result of the accident caused by their member. State Auto sent me multiple medical forms that were very confusing on January 2nd, 2014. After reviewing the documents with several family members none of us could figure out how to fill out the forms. I began calling my assigned claims representative at State Auto, after this date. I left several messages and my calls were never returned. After a 5th message, my claims rep returned my call and left a very rude voicemail on my phone stating that he could not hear my claim number and needed me to call him back. Since that date I have called the insurance company several more times, and no one picks up, nor do my calls get returned. Yesterday I spoke with customer service. The representative was unable to connect me with a single claims representative to help me and escalated it to a supervisor at my request. I was told they would immediately call me back. Here we are over 24 hours after the fact and I have no call back from said supervisor or the representative to which I was assigned. The forms are time sensitive and if they are not filled out correctly and sent back by a set date, they are not honored. This is terrible practice considering this company feels no need to return calls. I need this company to return my phone call to assist me with these "time sensitive" medical forms that they require to finish out my claim and so that I can be reimbursed for my medical bills. Considering they are fully at fault for this accident, and have accepted this in writing, they need to be available to answer questions regarding their paperwork.

State Auto Insurance
518 E Broad St,
Columbus, OH 43215
Fax: (614) 464-5374

This complaint has been visited 1952 times since it was published.

Had an experience with State Auto Insurance?