Sony Corporation of America

Posted : 7 Jun ,2015 by    Bymercer

I purchased a Vaio Sony computer online for my daughter as a Christmas present. The computer speakers were not used for a couple weeks and when we tried to use them, they did not work. We worked with Sony online and over the phone to try and fix the problem but it could not be solved so we had to send in the computer for repair (repair a brand new computer?). The called a week later to say the mother board was bad and needed to be replaced, and it would be sent out by the end of the week. Yesterday I received a text message saying that the replacement mother board was also bad and they needed to wait for a new one to come in. So I asked that a new computer be sent and that I not need to wait for a repaired NEW computer. I think they sold me a defective computer from the beginning and in fact was probably not even new. I called and spoke to folks in the repair center as well as customer service, with no resolution, other than them saying I would just have to wait until it is repaired. This is unacceptable for Sony to not stand behind their new product. IF they are unwilling to replace it with a WORKING NEW PRODUCT, then I request that they refund my money.

Sony Corporation of America
550 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10022

This complaint has been visited 1830 times since it was published.

Comments

Had an experience with Sony Corporation of America?