Scott Motors

Posted : 10 Nov ,2014 by    Ramirez

When I bought the car, the dealership told that they provide a title and registration service for a fee, even for out of state vehicles. I agreed to use their service, I paid them for the Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV) fees associated with the title and registration charges. They assessed my excise taxes at $406 and that's what I paid them. When I finally got my registration from the BMV, the actual excise tax paid to the BMV was only $162.75, which means the dealership over-estimated in the amount of $243.25 and owes me a refund. I contacted the dealership on 10/19/11 and they told me that they had remitted the entire amount to the BMV with my title and registration applications, and the BMV would issue the refund directly to me. On 11/7/11, I contacted the dealership again to let them know that I had spoken with the BMV and they had no record of a refund sent out to me, furthermore, they explained to me that they would never issue a refund to anyone other than the person or company who made the payment. The dealership assured me they would contact the BMV to sort out the refund status, however, I never heard back from them. I attempted to contact the salesman, on 11/9/11 and again on 11/15/11, but was unsuccessful both times. I did not receive the service that I paid for.I want Scott Volkswagen to refund the excess funds that I paid to them immediately. Scott Volkswagen needs to work directly with the Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles to recover their refund.

Scott Motors, Inc.
777 Taunton Ave, East Providence, RI 02914
brad.scott@scottvw.com
Fax: (401) 434-8678

This complaint has been visited 1286 times since it was published.

Comments

Had an experience with Scott Motors?