Rover.com

Posted : 28 Oct ,2017 by    averre

WARNING!! If you use ROVER.COM this can happen to you! I booked a dog sitter from Rover.com to stay with my dog when I took a 5 day trip. I met the sitter first. She seemed nice and my dog liked her. I scheduled and paid for this service three months in advance. I gave her a key to my home. I even stocked food for her stay, making every effort to ensure her comfort. I bought my round trip plane ticket and awaited the arrival of the sitter. She NEVER SHOWED UP. She failed to answer any of my calls and failed to respond to any of my texts. My plane took off without me. I called every boarding facility I could to find a last minute arrangement and finally found one, thankfully, and then I had to buy another round trip flight. Extra costs for the second flight and extra boarding fees ran over $650. The amount of stress I went through for hours waiting for the sitter who never showed up then frantically trying to fix this ... I would not wish on anyone. When I contacted Rover.com I was told that they would only refund my payment to them and offer me a $30 credit toward future service. They would not in anyway compensate me for ANY part of my financial losses due to their failure to meet the contractural obligation of their online agreement. After this experience I would never book them again. Since it is their policy that they will NOT compensate you for any losses associated with your engaging of their service and it is not made really clear up front that this could happen to anyone who uses them; I am going out of my way to relate my experience and maybe save someone else the horror and financial losses associated with trusting and using Rover.com. Feel free to share this post as a public service.

This complaint has been visited 127 times since it was published.

Comments

Had an experience with Rover.com?