Progressive Insurance

Posted : 10 Aug ,2012 by    Elizabeth

I had a policy with Progressive through a local agent, Aveco in Pooler, Ga. 31322. My fiancee's auto was totaled, he carried Dairyland through the same agent. I live on Moore Ave, Pooler and his address was Sandhill Road in Guyton, Ga. He spends time with me and with his parents. When he cancelled his policy with Dairyland the girl at Aveco said she was going to put him on my policy. He told her he was going to do something else and instructed her not to put him on my policy until she talked with me. Ignoring what he told her she slammed him onto my policy without contacting me. When I became aware of this I changed insurance companies. As far as I was concerned Aveco had broken their contract with me. I got a new carrier within a month, Progressive is threatening to ruin my credit by turning me over to a collection agency.The Progressive collector said that the law requires him to be on my policy. We are talking about $12.00. I was not contacted by my agent to let me know he was added or that I could on list him on my policy as exempt from driving my car. I intend to pay the $12. to protect my credit, but feel that Aveco should reimburse me for their bad business practices.

This complaint has been visited 60920 times since it was published.

Comments

Had an experience with Progressive Insurance?