J. Goldman, Ltd.

Posted : 17 Feb ,2014 by    Tayshawn

On June 19, 2012, I brought an item to the jeweler for re-stringing, to exchange some of the original beads and clasp for some alternate beads and different clasp. When the re-strung item was returned to me June 29th, the original 14 karat gold clasp was not returned. The jeweler said he did not have time to go into his safe to look for it and he would call me. He did not call. I asked for and received a receipt for it. I returned to the shop 2 more times and was told that he had to clear off his desk to look for the clasp. He did say in the presence of other customers that he was "responsible for it and would take care of it." He offered me $15. and then $20. instead. I told him I wanted my own property returned. Again, he said he would call me. This was more than 2 weeks ago and I have not heard from him. I visited several other jewelers to get an estimate of replacement costs. I have averaged the estimates together and, including a $10. shipping fee,it comes to $107.60. I prefer to have my own returned to me. I hesitate to accept a substitute from him as I would not be able to determine if it was comparable. I called the Corporation Commission's office andwas told the jeweler's corporation was administratively dissolved for failure to send in the annual report and fee. The jeweler owns a home and a business in Rocky Point and I worry that he is getting ready to close up and leave town so that time may be of the essence. Return of the original gold clasp given to the jeweler or payment comparable to the value of the item so that I can replace it.

This complaint has been visited 366797 times since it was published.

Comments

Had an experience with J. Goldman, Ltd.?