Avangate, Inc.

Posted : 14 Nov ,2013 by    gash

After downloading their product my PC started having issues. I also was overcharged $60.00 They advertised to make computer run faster. When I downloaded product my computer ran slower. My credit card fraud department contacted me saying there was a red flag. When going over my last purchase which was with Avantage they over charged me by $60.00. I called their tech support and the gentleman said he needed to access my computer to fix problem. He said I was overcharged because of a virus already on my computer and that he would install another program to fix the problem. When I asked if he was trying to sell me another product he told me no. As he continued and said he install it for lifetime at a one year subscription. I asked how much and he said for 198.00. I said no and he started haggling over the price and said he could not refund me until he installed this new product to fix my computer. I quickly stopped his access of my computer and he said he could not refund me my money without new subscription. He also said only HE could uninstall the initial product that was sold to me for $29.99 When I tried to discuss that I felt he was holding me, my computer and credit card hostage he ended the call. Now I cannot uninstall the initial product off my computer. I don't know what my computer is infected with but I have never had a problem with my computer or the use of my credit card until now!

Avangate, Inc.
555 Twin Dolphin Dr Ste 155,
Redwood City CA
94065-2102
support@avangate.com
(650) 963-5701
www.avangate.com

This complaint has been visited 2354 times since it was published.

Comments

Had an experience with Avangate, Inc.?