express-scripts.com

Posted : 28 Jan ,2014 by    Lisa B

On 9/22/13 my doctor submitted an electronic prescription for ***** to Express Scripts. The prescription was filled and I was billed $75. I had no knowledge any of this had happened until I received the medicine and a bill in the mail. I did not ask the doctor to write the script. I called Express scripts expressing my concerns how this happened without my knowledge and now I am stuck with a $75 bill. I asked to return the medicine for a refund and that was denied. I asked how I could prevent this from happening in the future? I asked if I can authorize any electronically submitted prescriptions before they filled and the answer was, 'that is not an option'. I asked if electronic prescriptions can be turned off completely and the answer was 'No'. I said how can I/we prevent this from happening in the future. The answer was 'There is nothing to stop this from happening'. I asked can you credit my account the $75. The answer was 'No'. Procedures should be place to protect the patient/customer from this type of Fraud.

Express Scripts
1 Express Way, Saint Louis,
MO 63121-1824
(800) 206-4005

This complaint has been visited 32760 times since it was published.

Comments

Had an experience with express-scripts.com?