Duke Medical Center

Posted : 25 Feb ,2014 by    Que22

I had a doctor visit on 4/27/2012 where I was required to pay a $10 co-pay. On 6/26/2012, my insurance mailed me documentation that they had paid $123 for the visit which was the full coverage so. Diagnostic Clinic, PLLC (affiliated with Duke University Health System) subsequently refunded my $10 co-pay in the form of a check. However, since then, I have repeatedly received a bill asking me to pay the $123. In August, I spoke with the customer service dept. at Duke University Health System and faxed documentation that my insurance had paid $123 for the visit. I still received a bill saying I owed $123. I then mailed the same documentation showing the visit was already paid for by insurance as well as the $10 co-pay refund I had received from. Diagnostic Clinic. I still continued to receive the same bill and recently received a letter that my account was turned over to *** Outcomes, Inc. a debt collector. I called Duke University Health System two times on 12/10/12 asking them to resolve the issue- I provided the phone number to my insurance company so they could verify that they paid the $123 for the visit (my insurance company also offered to fax over the documentation if Duke called them). Customer service indicated they needed to do "research" on this and said they would get back to me in 3 days but this issue has still not been resolved.

Duke Medical Center
4101 N Roxboro St,
Durham, NC 27704-2121
Fax: (919) 620-4579

This complaint has been visited 1910 times since it was published.

Had an experience with Duke Medical Center?