Doug Smith Autoplex

Posted : 28 Oct ,2014 by    John Briels

took my Kia in for service because my car wouldn't start. Dealer charged me $451.56 and car stopped working shortly after. Unwilling to compensate. I took my 2005 Kia Spectra in for a repair because it wouldn't start. The dealer diagnosed the problem saying that it needed an 02 sensor so they replaced it. Replacing the 02 sensor had no effect on the actual problem with the car. 5 days later they said they found a short in the wires and did some repair and I paid $451.56 for the service and drove the car home. Less than a month later the car wouldn't start again with the same exact symptoms as the first breakdown. I took it into another Kia service center and was told that I needed to replace several parts of the electrical system in order to repair the problem. I was informed that the previous service done by Kia of American Fork was purely corrective and didn't do anything to fix the problem and that's why car broke down this time. I called Kia of American Fork letting them know that the work they had done on the car lasted a total of 30 days and actually led to more damage to the car because more wires had been fried in addition to the 02 Sensor plug. Kia of American Fork was unwilling to refund my money even though they hadn't fixed the problem at all. I paid them for an 02 sensor which cost over $451.56 and the 02 sensor was fine. They did nothing to fix the root of the problem and were unwilling to refund me for their lack of proper diagnosis and repair when more problems resulted from them never fixing the root of the problem. I'm seeking full reimbursement of the invoice amount charged. I want $451.56 in full sent to me as a settlement amount. I'm satisfied with the experience if they provide me a full refund but I'm unsatisfied if I have to pay any amount whatsoever.

Doug Smith Autoplex, Inc.
501 W Main St,
American Fork, UT 84003-2274
(888) 238-1696
(Owner) Mr. Doug Smith

This complaint has been visited 1796 times since it was published.

Had an experience with Doug Smith Autoplex?