Dell

Posted : 11 May ,2015 by    Reginald

On 03/22/2015 I purchased a laptop computer for my Wife who is a school teacher and will be using the computer for educational purposes. Dell advertises that they discount products for Teachers and I've purchased products before without incident. However when we received the computer the very first thing we noticed is that it doesn't have a optical drive for CD's. I called Dell and spoke with a series of representatives that offered two resolutions. The first resolution is to purchase an additional piece of hardware that can be plugged into the laptop (an external optical driver) I was quoted a price of $39.99 or buy the same model of Dell laptop with the optical drive included for a cost of $364.79 before taxes, fees and shipping. My Wife would rather have an all in one laptop that has the optical drive included. When I asked why the new amount didn't include the Teacher discount I was transferred seemingly endlessly with any resolution. I've tried to contact someone within the corporate headquarters without any luck. Time is of the essence as she was hoping to program everything next week while she was on Spring Break. My best outcome would be for Dell to honor the proportional teacher discounts for the new product and over night the laptop asap for the inconvenience.

This complaint has been visited 1760 times since it was published.

Comments

Had an experience with Dell?