cylinder-heads.com

Posted : 4 Jun ,2015 by    Keven

Cylinder head was repaired not tested, has a crack in the head leading directly to cooling jacket. I ordered a cylinder head for a Jeep restore. The restore took 19 months to complete. After initial motor run the vehicle emitted white smoke and overheated very quickly, the cooling system was over pressured as well. After taking the vehicle to a shop I was told that the Head was bad and had a hole next to the valves that was partially repaired. I was charged by the shop to remove the head and diagnose the problem. The web site claims to have tested all parts, this is not possible because there is a easily visible hole in cylinder 3 of the head. After calling the company I was told that I would have to pay to have it shipped back to Florida and then to have it returned to me. If they would have sent out a good product in the first place this would never have happened. I feel that they should pay for shipping and provide a replacement. I would like to receive a replacement, with shipping charges covered. This is clearly a case of sending poor product. I have already incurred extra costs associated with this problem. I have had to pay a shop $750 to remove the head and diagnose the problem. I feel that a replacement at the cost to them with a return label for shipping back the defective one. I do not feel that I should have to pay for their mistake.

Clearwater Cylinder Head, Inc.
5100 Ulmerton Rd
Ste 2, Clearwater, FL 33760-4016
Phone: (727) 572-1958
Fax: (631) 750-0611

This complaint has been visited 1740 times since it was published.

Comments

Had an experience with cylinder-heads.com?