American Auto Insurance

Posted : 21 Feb ,2014 by    Mark Wells

On January 24, 2013 I canceled my insurance with American Auto Insurance, due to the lack of their integrity towards their customers. I was insured by them for over 8 years and luckily never got into an accident. The one time that I do get pulled over was the month they had failed to send me my proof of insurance on time. I was out of insurance and had to appear in court. I had paid for my insurance and called them repeatedly before the court date so that they could send me my proof of insurance. They kept bouncing me around to different people but I never got it. The date of the court I explained this to the judge, they called American Auto Insurance to verify that I had insurance with them, but to my surprise they told them that I didn't. I made the judge call them back and the second time around they said "oh yeah, she is insured with us." After that incident, I definitely did not want to have them as my insurance agency, what if I got into an accident, how would they treat me then? I canceled my insurance on January 24, 2013 as mentioned earlier, they had already billed me for the whole year, starting on October 28, 2013, but assured me that they would refund me for the service that I hadn't used. They let me know that they needed the new insurance company I was going to get to send them a letter saying I was insured with them, which they did that same day. One month passed and I still hadn't received anything, it is now August 6, 2013 and every time I call them to try to get my money back, they keep saying that they are sending it to billing.

American Auto Insurance
3201 North Harlem Ave.
# 1, Chicago, IL 60634
Fax: (773) 632-0223

This complaint has been visited 1757 times since it was published.

Had an experience with American Auto Insurance?